Wow! After a year of planning Orientation is over. People that I have been interacting with for months are overseas right now. It is a bit surreal. Time passes ever so quickly. I can hardly believe that I have lived in this house for 2.5 years-that's a long time for this nomadic gal! I will be moving in a few weeks-just across town. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I am sad to be leaving this home where I had so many different roommates, and so many wonderful memories. (If only we could find our buried treasure in the front yard, I would have more peace about leaving. We have dug up our yard in pursuit of a bottle with random stuff inside of it. We buried it two years ago and now we want it back)...
Welcome to my mind & my ever rambling thoughts.
So, people come and people go. Edgers come and Edgers go. Houses come and houses go (or we leave them at least). And life goes on. It's seems strange. There have been some key moments in life where I thought for sure life would just stop, like when my grandmother died, or when I left India, but to my surprise life went on.
There have been amazing moments, like when I held Ethan, my first nephew, in my arms for the first time, or when I set foot on Indian soil for the first time. Joy-inexpressible joy. Life could have ended, but life went on.
So, alas, here I am on the brink of moving again, with not much certainty, except for the fact that God is [still] good and that life will go on.
Obladi Oblada
(This was the theme song from one of my favorite shows when I was younger, Life goes on!)
Welcome to my mind & my ever rambling thoughts.
So, people come and people go. Edgers come and Edgers go. Houses come and houses go (or we leave them at least). And life goes on. It's seems strange. There have been some key moments in life where I thought for sure life would just stop, like when my grandmother died, or when I left India, but to my surprise life went on.
There have been amazing moments, like when I held Ethan, my first nephew, in my arms for the first time, or when I set foot on Indian soil for the first time. Joy-inexpressible joy. Life could have ended, but life went on.
So, alas, here I am on the brink of moving again, with not much certainty, except for the fact that God is [still] good and that life will go on.
Obladi Oblada
(This was the theme song from one of my favorite shows when I was younger, Life goes on!)

Life will go on and it will be as awesome as you make it.
ReplyDeleteGood word buddy. Life moves forward... we try to keep up. It all works out in the end. I'm glad we have a place to live
ReplyDelete