Friday, October 9

A random trip to AL...

So we have been planning this trip to come to AL for work for a while....so we plan and plan and plan. When I say we, I mean Jill. She planned, I tagged along. Well then at the last minute we find out she has another conference to attend and that for day 1- I will be all by my lonesome-on my training trip. So, anyways I was hostile and not a happy camper as usual when things don't go my way. So then I book the tickets and two days before I am scheduled to leave for AL-I realize that I have booked my tickets from AL to FL. I mean seriously, "Jen, How many tickets have you purchased in your life and have you ever done that before?" (That should have been a sign that things would be a bit different.) It all worked out since SW is the best airline ever and I only have like a $20 fee for the change in flight....happiness?

So, I fly out and spend 1 1/2 days with my aunt, uncle and cousins...fun. Ate too much and probably gained a few pounds. (Isn't it amazing how easy it is to gain weight when there is food in the house? ) So, we go pick up my mini rental car-literally mini and I can’t figure out for the life of me how to adjust the mirrors or unlock doors….but I drive in city traffic-at night-in the rain-and then the car starts to fog up and I can’t see anything….it was traumatic, but I lived to eat Chick-fil-a my favorite place in the world.. So Monday night I am less than happy as I prepare for day 1 of the conference without Jill....not much sleep, a lot of tossing and turning and then the alarm rang.

Day 1-Ahhh, not so much of a happy camper at 6:30 in the morning when I have had no sleep. Then I begin the journey to the school...Traffic...a lot of traffic and more fog. I finally arrive and yeah, a day of not much traffic with students and I spent the majority of the day talking with other reps-who were super duper fun! :) So I met with three peeps, all amazing and fun and then at like 9 pm I trek to the airport in the mini car to pick up Jill. Success story. Jill is in the car and she can finally adjust the passenger side mirror if necessary. (Isn’t this why people were sent out two by two? If they had cars then I am certain this would have been one reason why!) So then we seek to find Nicole’s house…and we end up in the ghetto-I am pretty sure we could have been shot-but thank God for his protection around us. After several wrong turns, we get there.

Day 2-Wake up. Jill and I have a 45 minute detour to the school…some bad directions. Once there, once again not many students interested in talking to us. It was like we had the plague. Do I look intimidating? Or maybe it’s the tables with literature? That must be what people are afraid of. But, since Jill was now there I no longer had a complex that it was me, since no one came to talk to us on day 2 either…again reps were fun! We meet with some students we already know and then head off for an afternoon meeting and then a night meeting at a small group-which we were unsure about, but it worked out in the end and actually was one of the highlights of the week! On the way there I was driving in the dark, only to realize after like ten minutes that my lights were NOT on! Huh? That wasn’t good-but God protected us.

Day 3- get up late! Daddy’s 52nd birthday! Jill and I have meetings with different peeps- all good…then we go shopping and I find the perfect pair of jeans that JAM will not approve of, since my budget is only $30…sorry Ann Taylor jeans…another day. Then we go to Express and I find cheaper jeans and a cute top…still spend over my budget but it is worth the grief since I am happy….dinner meeting, kinda random, but good. Who schedules a dinner meeting at 7 pm at a place that doesn’t serve food???? A guy!

Day 4. Sleep in. Get ready. Go to the car and have a parking ticket! (The actual highlight of my week!) I have never had a ticket and this was my first one…we were parked on the street but didn’t pay. It makes me laugh and smile to think about it. I knew this would be fun…So, we meet my aunt for lunch-which was super fun. I was happy Jill met my aunt! Then we go looking for thank you gifts for people…get lost a bit…again…go to another college and then come to Panera for me to journal and her to work. ;) A semi-monsoon hits....

And, lovely Jill gets on the computer to check her flight only to realize that she has booked her flight for the wrong day. She had missed her flight by three hours...She called the lovely SW and had to rebook her flights and only had a minimal fee!!! Lol...so the week began and ended with both Jill and I booking wrong flights...lol.

So, who knows what lies ahead for the rest of the week…It has been random. We have had several near death experiences in the mini car with no traction or automatic switches…We have had one ticket…some shopping, some peeps interested in what we are talking about…and lots of food. We sacrificed The Office wedding for a meeting. (Serious sacrifice!) So, we have another dinner meeting soon...and only He knows the rest....

Life is certainly not how we plan it...but it is interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment